08 December 2008

Frosty Windows

These windows are part of this year's Christmas display at Fortnum & Mason's emporium in Piccadilly, London...


Click on any image to enlarge

What I particularly love about photographing these windows during the day - when winter sunlight is falling on the facade of The Royal Academy opposite - is the way in which the fantasy images in the windows merge with the real London (and its windows) on the opposite side of the road reflected on the windows...




Fortnum & Mason's Christmas windows, Piccadilly, London © Brian Sibley 2008

In the archive of my companion blog, you can view last year's F&M windows that were devoted to the seasonal song, 'The Twelve Days of Christmas'.

4 comments:

Sheenagh Pugh said...

Having seen the windows, I was delighted to find these images online!

Brian Sibley said...

Thanks, SCALA, they are magical, aren't they? :-)

Brian Sibley said...

Thank you, so much! Your blogs have very interesting titles (and there are lot of them) but I can't see the posts or pictures on most of them...

Glasgow Detail said...

Hi Brian, yes I do seem to have a lot of blogs. Went through a blog empire building spree for a while. Did not realise I had so many showing. So have I have been brutally rational, and reduced them down to the Glasgow Detail site and the Stained glass courses site. I have been working on the patchwork quilt site and will have that populated with images soon.
And I must thank you Brian for making me pay attention to detail